Drivers nowadays have a better opportunity at staying safe while driving more today than ever before. As each year progresses, new car models seem to be coming equipped with safety features and technology that we could only dream about ten years ago. Here is an analysis of the 2019 Acura MDX’s safety features and why these features should be a must-have in any of your future car purchases!
It Comes Standard
The 2019 Acura MDX comes standard with:
- Forward-collision warning
- Auto-braking city speed/highway speed
- Lane-departure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
It also has the option to come with:
- Blind-spot warning
- Rear cross traffic
Why Does It Matter?
- Forward-collision warning (FCW): This is a visual and audible warning intended to alert the driver to avoid a forward-collision.
- Auto-braking city speed/highway speed: This feature uses sensors to determine whether or not to apply emergency brakes to your car to avoid a collision on both the highway and typical city roads.
- Lane-departure warning: This is a visual, audible, or haptic warning that alerts the driver when they are crossing lane markings.
- Lane-keeping assist: This feature automatically corrects steering input or breaking in the event the car is drifting into another lane.
- Blind-spot warning: This is a visual and audible notification that alerts drivers if there is another driver in their blind spot. Many cars that use blind-spot warnings enable the sensor once the blinker is activated.
- Rear cross traffic: This is a visual, audible, and haptic notification that notifies the driver of a vehicle or object that is out of rear camera range but could potentially be moving into it.
Your Safety Matters
While it is amazing that many models come standard with these safety features in the base model, you should always try your hardest to equip your car with the maximum amount of safety features. Not only can these features potentially save your life, but they can also save other’s lives when on the road. Accidents are called “accidents” for a reason – and in many cases, it can become too late for both parties involved once an accident is set in motion. DriveSmart is here for your safety.